Friday, September 16, 2011

Week 2 previews

Will drinking make Chris funny? We’ll soon find out …

Apples v. Hoof Hearted

Congrats in order for the Commish, who’ll be handing over his manhood next month.

Looks like it’ll be more of the same this week as of his top three players, one’s out, and two others are nicked up heading into this weekend. Having 7 out of 8 games on the road certainly doesn’t help either. Should your not-so humble author tempt fate again with another 7 man lineup this week?

Why is Barack holding an ABA ball? Haven’t seen one of those in years.

Damn, should have bought some more booze.

How much do you have to drink before going on Youtube and blasting old songs from your childhood and stewing in bitterness of how the young whippersnappers these days make crappy music?

Or is it just me…

Playing now…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RJwW77Lsj8&ob=av2n

So, we’re onto: Korn on the Kolb v. Upstate Underdogs

UPSET OF THE WEEK!!! I’m going with UU on this one? Why? Because I like dogs. And I liked that Underdog cartoon as a kid watching USA “Cartoon Express”. Btw- it’s funny how painfully low budget all those old Hanna-Barbera cartoons were.

And I don’t like Korn. Though I like corn. Burnt With garlic and butter.

Duke Plays Football v. Nads of Steel

I get Robert Meachem confused with Devery Henderson. B/c they both play w/New Orleans. Everyone who picks them hopes they’ll be good, b/c they’re playing on turf with a good QB, and they get light single coverage while the main NO WR (Joe Horn, Colston, Moore, etc.) get covered more tightly. And they never deliver. I’ve been hearing about both so longer I figured they were like ancient, like 32 or something.

Huh – he was born in 1984.

That makes me feel younger and somewhat lessens the constant dread of inevitable mortality I’ve been feeling and trying to chase away with Bud Ice. Which I should have bought more of. See above.

But the point is that DPF should pull the mild upset here. Especially since on top of the Nads health problems on his squad, I’m not sold on Manning or Wells. Particularly Eli. Having a famous dad and brother’s only going to get you so far.

Onward ho to Horn Supremacy v. ballsacks

All sorts of analysis could be done here, but having to start “Andre Roberts” on week 2 morally offends me.

(I wish I could make a smart remark about moral offense, but I’m just not smart or witty enough)

Oedipus Rex Ryan v. capital city coastals

(Mind jumps from Oedipus Rex to “King of Pain” by the Police, to Rex Ryan and wondering if he’s still alive, to capital city and “Suffergette City” by Bowie)

They were many more digressions, but they’ll take too long. (PROUST!!!!!)

Fast-forwarding music wise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAusT_Yl1gE&ob=av3e

The Caps, save Roy Williams’ over-the-hill ass, looks better than their projections.

The head says ORR, the heart says CCC. I haven’t drank enough yet to go with the heart, so I’m going with ORR.

(Sigh: only about 6-8 oz. or so, if that, of Bud Ice. Btw – Bud Ice, has a great calorie to booze ratio. Check it out if you don’t believe me)

No comments: