Friday, November 12, 2010

Week 9 Wrapups

Well, I managed to dodge the bullet for the first 8 weeks, but I knew sooner or later the gravy train would come to an end. That’s right, I’m actually contributing to the league message board in order to secure my top scoring bonus. And I use the term “contributing” very loosely…


Steel Curtain 95, Ballsax 74 (Matchup of the Week)

OK, when your starting RBs are Chris Ivory (4th string) and Donald Brown (2nd string), you probably wouldn’t think this would lead to victory. Let alone a comfortable one. But if you look closer, Ballsax were actually winning by 5 going into the MNF contest with only T.O. left on the roster for Curtain. I guess T.O. brought the popcorn.

Korn on the Kolb 86, Horn Supremacy 75


Arian ‘bleepin’ Foster? An undrafted (in the NFL) running back from Tennessee who’s #2 in overall fantasy points. And Philip Rivers? #1 in overall fantasy points… Vic may have a 2 game cushion going into Week 10, but I sure wouldn’t want to face Kolb in the playoffs at this point.

Nads 112, Crimson Pride 68

Yes, I am a fantasy genius. But did I think that Javarris James, the 4th string RB on the Colts, and picked up off FA last minute would score 2 TDs? No. But I also didn’t think the Patriots and Tom Brady (“Pretty”) would crap themselves against the Browns. As Patric started 4 Patriots, this was not a good omen.


Hoof Hearted 80, Oedipus Rex 60


Is it just me or has everyone just been rolling over when Vic is next up on the schedule? C’mon boys, let’s make the regular season champion actually have to break a sweat, shall we? Vic rolls again – ho-hum.

(How much you willing to be that Vic is sporting a pants tent after reading this poster?)

Duke Plays Football 92, Virginia Apples 70
Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari are dating? Seems like Jay may have been a little distracted as the Bears barely managed to squeak by the soon-to-be CFL Buffalo Bills. Way to go Jay. Oh and Adrian Peterson put up enough points to crush the Apples hopes of back-to-back championships.


Bama Runts 109, Grantville Bandits 70

Peyton Hillis? A throwaway RB who Denver kept on the bench and who is now the 4th highest scoring RB? Oh and who is Jacob Tamme? I guess I should probably know since I drafted Dallas Clark, but holy crap this guy looks good after a few games.

No comments: